Context

Project for readers, aiming to have a modern, harmonious and timeless design. The objective was to create an intuitive application that would allow the user to access its main functions on both sides of the screen in search of a more accessible and comfortable use. This experience showed the importance of using conventional accessibility features in applications of all types.

The initial process involved a lot of research, insights, hypothesis validation, flows and tasks.

I started with the concept, sketches and ideas to help me define what the project should be. So I started my UX studies to build the experience, UI design conventions to create high-fidelity prototyping, and every step of the way, I was thinking about the key points from above. I needed to establish the requirements and objectives of the project, so these were established based on the persona to bring the project to life and exercise concepts of empathy.

Purpose & Goals

The focus of the application is the current read, even if that means multiple books, and consequently the user's shelf. The shelf will allow the user to follow the reading status of books he still wants to read (TBR), abandoned, favorites, and others.

Contemplate the main features (core) without giving up the accessible experience for all ages.

Prioritize the list of currently readings, providing a smooth interaction and transitions between pages to achieve the goal of creating a standout experience.

Ensure delivery of a cohesive product.

text

Requirements

Management of readings through the shelf; Include current readings; Update status of readings; Evaluate book; Engage in other readings; Search for desired books.

Jorney

View readings and shelf on a single screen; Reading progress control; Status update practicality; Engage in other users' readings.

Design Principles

Card-Based Design to organize the contents; Carousel to able the interaction with elements on both sides of the screen; Gesture navigation for maximum accessibility.

Problem Framing

As part of the creation of this project, research was carried out on competitors with applications in the same niche to determine user pains, furthermore, it was fundamental to gain understanding regarding minimalist applications.

With the proto persona defined, I could understand better how to solve the user pains, practicing empathy. Then I moved on to framing the problem and sketching, where it is possible to work on some strategies, see functionality options and visualize some obstacles. We can't overlook our obstacles.

Reading

Main

Search

Profile

Contato

Endereço

Rio de Janeiro, RJ